Tools and Pedagogical Ressources
All of the documents, the tools and pedagogical ressources on this website is produced by the Centre de développement pédagogique. The use must be with respect to the Copyright Act.
All the documents are in PDF, unless otherwise indicated.
• Security in the Laboratory and the Workshop (Posters, cliparts, capsules, etc.)
• Equipement (listes d’équipement et de matériel en ST et fabrication d’outillage)
• Cliparts (Tools, materials, lab equipment, interactive board cliparts)
• Technical Drawing
• Techniques (springs, balance, etc.)
• Printed circuit boards (humidity detector example) – New!
• Processes (posters, specifications, technical file, etc.)
• Programs (MELS on line documents, progression, evaluation, etc.)
Security in the Laboratory and the Workshop (Posters, cliparts, capsules, etc.)
• Security in the Laboratory and the Workshop
•Safety in the Lab and in the WorkShop – Posters 11¨ x 17¨
• Safety and citizenship clipart bank (21) – To download a clipart, click on the selected image using the right mouse button and save on your computer.
• Safety Capsules (16) – Soldering, hot glue gun, Retractable blade knife, hand drill, jigsaw, hand sander, band saw, disk and band sander, press drill, hot plate, fuel burner, acid solutions, basic solutions, hydrogen, dry ice, source of radioactivity
• Machine-tool room safety collection : Collection featuring information regarding installation, maintenance and security in the use of the press drill, the band saw and the disk and band sander. – New!
– Miter box for the classroom – Specifications and step by step assembly of the miter box
– Metric equivalents to imperial bits
– Clipart bank featuring tools and supplies used in the science and technology classroom (jpg format).
Access the clipart bank
-Clipart bank featuring images usefull for diagrams, drawings and drafting to be used in documents or the interactive board (PNG format).
Access the clipart bank
Techniques in Science and Technology
- Technical drawing (Historic et references – 2006)
Resources on technical drawing (PPT format)
- Description of forms
- Multiview projections
- Conventional lines
- Isometric drawings
- Isometric drawing in technology
- Scale: Parts
- Scale: Basic techniques
- Scale: Weighing using a weighing pan
- Scale: Trouble shooting
- Using a graduated cylinder
- Smelling safely
- Cutting and folding cartboard
- Cutting wood
- Cutting using a knife
- Cutting coroplast
Printed circuit boards – New!
- Printing the Boards and Soldering Technique (mask, insolation, soldering)
- Humidity Detector: Technical File
- Humidity Detector: Annexes
Posters featuring technological and scienfic processes in secondary school
• Technological design process poster 8,5 x 11 11×17
• Scientific investigative process poster 8,5 x 11 11×17
• Technological analysis process poster 8,5 x 11 11×17
• Scientific analysis process poster 8,5 x 11 11×17• The technological process: from original idea to final recycling
• Document on different angles of technological analysis
• Example of analysis: Comparative Study of Different Corkscrews
• Example of analysis: Two Objects Based on the Same Principal
- Additionnal information on certain aspects of the science and technology programs for the 2nd cycle of Secondary Schools
- Links to MELS documents