This LES was designed to illustrate the Applied Science and Technology Program(AST).The context of this LES is related to the first disciplinary compentency.
The activities featured in this LES allow the student to become familiar with the functioning of the heart in the study and fabrication of a pumping system. Diagrams and transformation mechanisms of movement are highlighted to make the prototype. This is an example of a LES integrating concepts of Living and Technological Worlds.
• Overview of the LES: The Cardiac Pump
• Diagrams and technical file: The Cardiac Pump
• Student Booklet: The Cardiac Pump
• Pumping mechanism of the water pistol
• Teacher’s Guide: The Cardiac Pump
• Video sequences featuring mechanisms and possible solutions of the cardiac pump.