This activity will address the formation of rocks and orogenesis. It provides an overview of several reference resources in geology and allows participants to become familiar with a variety of concepts of Earth and Space. This is an example of a short learning and evaluation situation for the development of Competency 2.
In the classroom, it allows the student to understand and appreciate the origin of the Quebec landscape relief and to understand the basic concepts of geology in order to explain a phenomenon.
• Overview : Evolution of relief
• Teacher’s Guide : Evolution of relief
• Problem : Evolution of relief
• Learning activity 1 featuring the origin of rocks and evolution on Earth
• Reference document : Types of rocks
• Animation The Earth ( Flash Format), particularly the section related to internal dynamics of the Earth
• Learning activity 2 : Geological times table – Evolution of life and landscape relief (11″x17″)
• Events to organize in the table